*** August 2017: Just released! BreastfeedLA presents “Breastfeeding Advocacy 101 Toolkit” —
available for download now in English and Spanish! ***
BreastfeedLA advocates for breastfeeding families by identifying the barriers to successful breastfeeding.
Currently, mothers commonly face barriers such as:
- hospital policies that discourage breastfeeding
- health insurance reimbursement problem
- workplace discrimination on the basis of breastfeeding
- public breastfeeding discrimination
Addressing these barriers is a major focus of our work.
BreastfeedLA, working with community partners, has championed legislation that:
- mandated HMO coverage of breastfeeding services and pumps,
- require state agencies to inform pregnant women about current lactation accommodation laws
- mandated hospital policies to support breastfeeding
- made breastfeeding a civil right in California
- removes barriers to CalWORKS participants who are breastfeeding
Become a volunteer BreastfeedLA ambassador and join our advocacy work!
For more information, email@example.com