BreastfeedLA’s Lactation Education Specialist Training 2018 – March 12, 13, 14, 27, 28
Next Training Dates March 12, 13, 14 and March 27 and 28!
You are invited to join BreastfeedLA for our new Lactation Education Specialist Training in 2018! Like all other 45-hour courses, our course provides the learner with a background in basic breastfeeding management in preparation for providing education and counseling to breastfeeding families and for the IBCLC® exam.
- Possess the necessary skills to educate prenatally about breastfeeding in both group and individual settings, including teaching a prenatal breastfeeding class;
- Possess sufficient education in basic breastfeeding management to independently provide information and support to a breastfeeding parent via telephone or in a group setting, and while supervised by an IBCLC in a clinic or hospital environment;
- Possess the necessary counseling skills to provide sensitive and culturally appropriate care to the breastfeeding parent and family;
- Possess clinical judgment sufficient to refer breastfeeding parents appropriately to other healthcare providers including, but not limited to, IBCLCs in cases where medical issues or complex cases of lactation are present; and to
- Recognize and discuss solutions to alleviate common barriers to supporting a parent’s choice to exclusively breastfeed.
Completion of this course does not confer a hands-on breastfeeding support certification and participants should be supervised by an IBCLC or working under a separate healthcare credential if providing hands-on lactation care.
Minimum 10 participants to hold class.
BreastfeedLA prefers to accept payment via PayPal. If you need to pay by check, your check must be received by Feb 6, 2018.
Digital files containing the curriculum will be emailed to registered participants by March 5, 2018. Curriculum must be printed and put in a binder prior to the first day of class. No printed copies of the curriculum will be provided.
No refunds will be granted after Feb 6, 2018, unless 10 participants are not registered.
Payment must be made during the time of online registration using a credit or debit card. If you need to make alternate payment arrangements such as a company check to be mailed to BreastfeedLA, your check MUST be received no later than Feb 6, 2018 in order to honor the Early Bird rate.
Continuing Education Credits (offered at no additional charge) – Total Number to be Determined
Registered Nurses: BreastfeedLA is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing. This course offers contact hours in continuing education will be offered. BreastfeedLA’s provider number is CEP 16435. Licensee must maintain certificate for a period of four years.
Lactation Consultants: BreastfeedLA is an approved Long-Term Provider by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners #CLT113-36. CERPs will be awarded.
Registered Dietitians: Maintain a copy of the agenda and certificate of attendance for CPEs for your professional development portfolio.
Application has been submitted for approval of this course by the Lactation Education Accreditation and Approval Review Committee (www.learrc.org)
This course is co-sponsored by California Advanced Lactation Institute