Please join BreastfeedLA and the California Work and Family Coalition for a seminar on Thursday, April 11, 2019, at 9:00 A.M at the National Council of Jewish Women, Los Angeles.
This Spanish/English training will equip home visitors, health care workers, and child care providers who serve low income and new immigrant communities with information on Paid Family Leave and related workplace rights. Help us create a strong county-wide network of support which will positively impact the number of parents and families who can access these benefits.
The training will provide resources and connection to a statewide network/coalition for regular updated information and feedback when questions arise. This innovative, interactive training incorporates hands-on practice and role play in Spanish and English. Participants will leave the training with new skills, information, and resources that will enable them to help parents and families of Los Angeles thrive
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe two laws that are supportive of working families.
- Describe two resources to use when needing information on paid family leave.
- Demonstrate how to counsel clients about Paid Family Leave, paid sick days, and other family friendly workplace supports.
- Demonstrate how to access and complete application forms
- Workplace Rights and Impact on Parent and Child Health and Well-Being
- Family Leave Laws – Job Protection and Wage Replacement
- Workplace Accommodations – Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Putting it All Together – Interactive Practice
- Using What We Learned – Evaluation and Next Steps
Credit for future seminars is available under special circumstances until one week prior to event.
Payment must be made during the time of online registration using a credit or debit card. If you need to make alternate payment arrangements such as a company check to be mailed to BreastfeedLA, you MUST select the ticket option of “General Registration by Check.” No Early Bird registration rates will apply to payments by check. This policy is in effect as of Aug 1, 2017.
Continuing Education Credits (offered at no additional charge)
RN: BreastfeedLA is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing. This course offers 6 contact hours of continuing education. BreastfeedLA’s provider number is CEP 16435. Licensee must maintain certificate for a period of four years.
IBCLC: BreastfeedLA is an approved Long-Term Provider by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners #CLT113-36. 6 R-CERPs will be awarded.
RDs & OTs: Maintain a copy of the agenda and certificate for CPEs for Professional Development Portfolio.