Both Federal and California laws protect your right to accommodations in the workplace for breastfeeding.
On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed into law the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which passed into law a provision of Representative Maloney and Senator Merkley’s bill, The Breastfeeding Promotion Act.
- Wage and Hour Division’s ‘Break Time for Nursing Mothers’ information webpage
- Reasonable Break Time for Nursing Mothers- Text of Law
- Break Time Requirement Explained by the Division of Labor
- “The Affordable Care Act and Nursing Mothers,” Executive Summary from the National Health Law Program
- IRS § 213(d) Breast Pumps are Deductible
Labor Code: AB 1025 was introduced by Dario Frommer (D-Glendale). The Lactation Law came into effect January 2002.